Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Comments explained

Thank you 'anonymous lady' for your comments (posted last). Your appreciation of the tips and pictures should be a guideline for other readers too. Hoever, I have a few more comments :
 

Do not use pins at all. It's not safe and secure.
Wearing thaar while sleeping ... well... I think you should wear it a bit loose. Don't be too tight while on the bed, for physical reasons.
 

While at work, it's good to have it tight. The knot would prevent any loosening or coming off. I know ladies wearing this while doing Yoga, which involves a lot of stretching out.
Venturing to office ... Yes it's best suited. Many ladies hesitate to wear it, on fear of loosening or the vaal coming off. The two knots guards them all.

As you rightly said, the pin could spoil the mundu. It's a bit inconvienient to open. The knot, though difficult to remove in normal standing posture, is easy to open with your legs a bit spread and a bit kneeling.


"The naughtiest problem" is solved thro' a simple knot ? ! Yes Madam, ther's a simple solution to every tough problem. It's upto the individual, to think... ask others.. share the knowledge .. and that's it.

In this context, I remember how my Grand Mother was doing with knots (4 , if remember right !) on her bodice for comfort and to trim the shape of her boobs. None of the modern day bra could do that !!

" I wonder how many women are aware of this! " - Not many now. Yeah...but many women knew it.. and they were doing this way. At the same time, I've seen many women taking the trouble of tightening up their thaar frequently ... seeking corners of the house or elsewhere they go.

"How many are wearing this wonderful apparel these days! " ... not many. It's still there in central and north Kerala, atleast in some families. But the practice is dying down !
 

"Onnara-wearers to be slowly extinct like the lion-tailed monkeys of silent valley." ... that's an interesting comment.

Nair community is losing all their wealth... including the valuable traditions. I know Nair girls who are totally ignorant about Onnara. No one taught them and they all went behind the western culture (as we all do in most of our matters).
 

"Tomorrow's fashion is yesterday's Tradition"... Yes this idea would work out. But ... I have my doubts ! However, I wish Onnara become fashionable tomorrow, also taking into account its invaluable benefits.

"Search Assist ON, the moment I type ONNAR in the Yahoo search, it reveals so much topic in this subject including "how to wear onnaramundu".  That's  a surprise to me ...  I don't find much material about Thaar/ Onnara, when tried through Google searches ! Please send me those links, if you can. Let me retry.

"Who knows, one day, some western woman can take fascination on this attire and popularise it; perhaps, they will even grab a patent for this and sell the idea to us as it happens always. Or some tennis champions like WILLIAMS sisters may wear this under their short skirt and then it may catch like wild-fire even among our fashion-conscious ladies." ... 

Oh... that may happen... it's a great idea Ma'm...

I can see Serena fighting Venus at Wimbledon... Oh... their skirt flying up ... yeah... it's thaar.. inside... the greatest of all greatest garments...!


No comments: